Monday, August 18, 2014

Introduction

I am Kimberly Jessica Ramirez Gonzalez daughter of Rosa Hilda Gonzalez and Pablo Ramirez. I've moved every two to three years in my life and with each move I've changed my name. I've been called Kimberly, Kimmy, Kim, Jessica (my middle name), Jessie, Jess, and lastly Jay. My senior year of high school however I've decided to return and fully embrace my legal first name. I am currently as I make this blog seventeen years of age. I attend Napa High School as a senior(Go Napa Indians!) and also part take in college classes offered at the local junior college, Napa Valley College. I am first generation Mexican-American or as I like, first generation Chicano.

Amy Tan once said, "I have a writer's memory which makes everything worse than maybe it actually was." this proves true to my situation. My memory focuses more on tough times however some hard times are also the best of times. Sometimes you only need a couple of years and a few bad graces to realize those 'bad times' were in reality some of the best times. Speaking of hardships sometimes they are blessings in hiding. I was recently award the Students Rising Above scholarship for overcoming all the hardships in my life while maintaining my grades. 

Growing up I discovered I held a fierce passion for literature. This passion was unveiled by loneliness and depression yet it is the best gift my hard times have given to me. Just as Ernest Hemingway once said, "There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed...", I do not write I bleed stories. I love to read and write. Yes I am one of those sick people who always has their nose stuck in a novel. I work on my writing by publishing fictional stories online. One of my recent favorite online sites to publish my work is on Wattpad. Yes I do still however have my Fan Fiction account holding all of my humiliating middle school writing.

Although I'd love nothing more than to pursue a career in literature I do not wish to be a starving artist. Instead I plan to either study business or become a criminal defense lawyer. Whichever path I may choose I hope the path leads me to a life of happiness and success where I will test my boundaries and make a change in another persons life. I want to protect, help, and inspire people.





No comments:

Post a Comment